Sóller is a picturesque town located on the northwest coast of the Spanish island of Mallorca. It is known for its stunning natural beauty, including the Tramuntana Mountains, lush citrus groves, and beautiful architecture. When it comes to historic houses in Sóller, you’ll find several charming homes that showcase the town’s rich history and architectural heritage. Here are a few notable ones:
- Can Prunera: This is one of Sóller’s most iconic historic houses. Can Prunera is a beautiful modernist mansion built in the early 20th century. It now serves as an art museum, featuring works by renowned artists like Picasso and Miró. Visitors can explore the stunning architecture of the house while enjoying its impressive art collection.
- Can Ribas: Can Ribas is another historic mansion in Sóller, dating back to the 18th century. It’s an excellent example of traditional Mallorcan architecture, with a grand facade and beautiful gardens. While it’s not always open to the public, you can often catch a glimpse of its exterior while strolling through the town.
- Casal de Cultura: This cultural center in Sóller is housed in a historic building that was once a private residence. It hosts various cultural events, including art exhibitions, concerts, and theater performances. The building itself is a beautiful example of the town’s architectural heritage.
- Ca’n Llimona: Ca’n Llimona is a charming historic house located in the heart of Sóller. It features traditional Mallorcan architecture with a stone facade and wooden shutters. While it’s a private residence and not open to the public, its exterior adds to the town’s overall charm.
- Can Mayol: This historic house has been converted into a boutique hotel, offering visitors a chance to experience the charm of Sóller’s architecture up close. It’s a beautiful example of the town’s traditional architecture, with its stone walls and decorative ironwork.
- Cas Xorc: While not located in the town center of Sóller, Cas Xorc is a historic estate turned luxury hotel situated in the nearby mountains. It offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside and is a peaceful retreat in a historic setting.
As you explore Sóller, you’ll come across many more historic houses and buildings that contribute to the town’s unique character. The town’s rich history and architectural heritage make it a delightful destination for those interested in history, culture, and picturesque surroundings.